Living by someone else’s rules for being a man isn’t living.
Listen to Real Men Feel, #144, “The Price of Unexpressed Emotions” here:
Husband, father, speaker, writer, coach, and trainer of men, George Stoimenov, shares the toll that unexpressed emotions took on his family, relationships, community and soul. Part of you dies when you aren’t free to express yourself.
“Depression is the opposite of expression.” ~George Stoimenov
George shares his powerful experiences from living in an oppressed, communist Bulgaria, to meeting a girl who demanded more from him, to his introspection, growth and being of service to other men. Insights into depression, relationships, happiness, and being more than a boy in a man’s body abound in this interview. George and Andy touch on inner child work, forgiveness, expression, and the power in being childlike.
Topics and Questions Include:
- (2:18) What was it like growing up in Bulgaria?
- (3:39) The curse of my existence.
- (4:43) What were you taught or shown in terms of how men are supposed to act?
- (9:06) How did you deal with your self-hatred?
- (12:41) What was the change that allowed you to express your emotions?
- (19:30) How to forgive people.
- (23:00) Why do you think many men hide or deny their emotions?
- (29:43 )What’s the toll stuffing your emotions took on you?
- (32:00) How did your unexpressed emotions affect other people?
- (33:47) How do you play today?
- (36:15) You’ve created a resource called The Men’s Corner – tell me about that?
- (37:48) What prompted you to want to work with other men?
- (39:40) Can you share a habit, practice, program, or book that has helped you?
- (43:16) How’s your relationship with your dad today?
- (46:35) What is one thing you wish more men knew?
- (49:32) What are you proud of?
- (50:33) What are you looking forward to?
Watch Real Men Feel, #144, The Price of Unexpressed Emotions, August 20, 2019
“I wish for more men to be strong in their broken places.” ~George Stoimenov
Explore the books George recommended, Broken: My Story of Addiction and Redemption and King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine.
Let us know what you thought here in the comments or shoot an email to [email protected].
Subscribe to the podcast at RealMenFeel.org/iTunes
Like the Real Men Feel show on Facebook facebook.com/realmenfeelshow
Scroll down to the author bio for all the links to access more #RealMenFeel
A version of this post was previously published on RealMenFeel.org and is republished here with permission from the author.
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project and want to join our calls on a regular basis, please join us as a Premium Member, today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
A $50 annual membership gives you an all-access pass. You can be a part of every call, group, class, and community.
A $25 annual membership gives you access to one class, one Social Interest group, and our online communities.
A $12 annual membership gives you access to our Friday calls with the publisher, our online community.
Register New Account
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.