A little news: Next week we are moving back to France! No, for real. We are.
I have lots to tell you and I’m working on a longer blog post about it now. But here are a few initial notes:
1) We’re headed to the same town in the Normandy region we lived in before (same school too). We’re planning for one year and then we’ll evaluate if we want to extend our stay — which is what we ended up doing last time.
2) We’ll be moving as a family of five instead of a family of eight. Ralph and Maude will stay in Oakland/Berkeley for college. And Olive will be an au pair in the South of France.
3) We are still waiting for our passports and visas to arrive back from the French Consulate. If they don’t arrive by Tuesday (when our flights are scheduled) then I’m not sure how we handle that…. I guess just change our flight?
4) This announcement may be coming as a surprise to you, but not to us. We’ve been thinking about and planning for a move for a year now. But we were very indecisive about _where_ we should move — and my instinct has been to keep the whole decision making process more private.
5) June, who’s full name is Flora June Blair, has announced she will go by Flora in France, because she likes the way Flora is pronounced in French more than the way June is pronounced.
6) Unrelated, but Monday was the 24th wedding anniversary of me and Ben Blair. I love being married to Ben. He’s my favorite person in the world and it makes me happy to think we still have lots of adventures to look forward to.
That’s it for now. If you have any questions, let me know and I’ll try include answers in the longer blog post.