Conversation starters and thought provoking questions to create real connection and help you in your quest for true love.
Modern day dating is tricky. Perhaps, more of a challenge today than ever in history.
Why, with so many dating apps making it easier to meet people, has it become increasingly difficult?
I believe that because it has become so easy to find, talk to, and meet up with someone, there is little risk involved and therefore less effort to create real connection.
You meet up with someone to make small talk for a few hours hoping to convince them that you are a fascinating, charming person. Secretly, you are hoping to discover the same about them.
I have dedicated my life to helping women create more self-love and confidence, which is extremely important in dating.
Below is a list of 84 conversation and thought provoking questions to create real connection and help you in your quest for true love.
Now get out there and find your soulmate!
- What do you do, and how long have you been doing it?
- Where are you from originally?
- Where did you go to school?
- What was your major?
- Who has been the biggest influence on your life?
- What’s your favorite place in the entire world?
- What really makes you laugh?
- Are there any foods you absolutely hate?
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
- What’s your favorite book of all time?
- What’s your biggest goal right now?
- What’s your favorite way to spend a weekend?
- What was your family like growing up?
- What were you like as a kid?
- What should I know about you that I would never think to ask about?
- What do you love to do when you’re not working?
- What’s your favorite TV show right now?
- What type of music do you like?
- Have you traveled anywhere really cool lately?
- Are you more of a cat or a dog person?
- What is your absolute favorite food?
- Who’s your biggest role model?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- Do you prefer coffee or tea?
- Do you have any siblings?
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you’d do with the money?
- Is there anywhere else you would love to live, other than here?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- Are you a morning or a night person?
- Do you enjoy cooking?
- What’s your favorite thing about your job?
- What’s your least favorite thing about your job?
- Do you have a busy week coming up?
- What combination of toppings makes your perfect pizza?
- Do you drink?
- Depending on the above, what is your signature drink?
- What is the most thoughtful gift you’ve ever received?
- Does your family still live in your hometown?
- If you could be any person for a day, who would it be?
- What do you feel most passionate about?
- What’s something you’ve been really proud of lately?
- What’s something you’ve always wanted to try?
- What do you like about dating?
- What is your least favorite thing about dating?
- What’s something you’re bad at?
- Who in your family are you closest to?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- What’s one of your favorite childhood memories?
- What is your favorite thing to cook?
- What’s your favorite piece of clothing that you own?
- What is something you are financially saving up for?
- What’s a New Year’s resolution you’d like to stick to?
- What is a job you would never do?
- What is your absolute dream job?
- What fact about you would surprise me the most?
- Do you consider yourself spontaneous, or a planner?
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
- Are you a big sports fan?
- Who’s your favorite sports team?
- What quality for you is an automatic “no way” when pursuing someone in a relationship?
- How would your best friends describe you?
- Do you prefer salty snacks, or dessert?
- What is the best single piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- What do you wish your 20 year old self would have known?
- If you could travel back and live in any period of time, when would it be?
- What has been your greatest achievement so far?
- What is a tradition your family had when you were a kid?
- What do you like most about where you live?
- What was the worst job you’ve ever had?
- When you were a kid, what did you hope to do when you grew up?
- What is one skill you wish you could be better at?
- Do you have a big group of friends?
- What’s your favorite band?
- If your life was a movie, who would play you?
- If you could donate to any charity, which charity would it be and why?
- In one word, how would you describe yourself?
- What do you most look for in a partner?
- What do you find most attractive in a potential partner?
- If you could be any animal, which animal would you be?
- If you were stuck on a deserted island, who would you choose to have with you?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What does your dream house look like?
- What would be a perfect day for you?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
A version of this post was previously published on huffpost.com and is republished here with permission from the author.
If you believe in the work we are doing here at The Good Men Project and want to join our calls on a regular basis, please join us as a Premium Member, today.
All Premium Members get to view The Good Men Project with NO ADS.
Need more info? A complete list of benefits is here.
Photo credit: unsplash