Paraffin wax bath is a procedure in which hot paraffin wax is used to heal some skin-related conditions such as dryness, cracks, etc., and also for some therapeutic benefits including joint pains, arthritis pains, etc.
If you’re looking for the best paraffin wax bath to treat the dry or chapped skin on hands or feet, or relieving the everyday aches, here is a list of the best paraffin wax baths available in the market.
But before investing in the wax warmers, let’s understand how paraffin wax bath works.
How Does Paraffin Wax Bath Work?
The wax bath works on the principle of heat therapy or thermotherapy, in which heat transfer is used to heal the affected area. Paraffin wax, which has high heat retention capacity, is used as a medium to transfer heat. The wax, while melting, absorbs and retains a good amount of heat and transfers the same to the affected area upon solidification.
Once a hand or feet is dipped in the melted wax and removed, the liquid wax converts into a thin solid layer, during which it transfers heat to the core of the affected area. It does not cause any burns as the wax has low temperatures and is applied to the skin at low temperatures.
13 Best Paraffin Wax Baths for Softer And Healthy Skin
1. HoMedics ParaSpa Paraffin Wax Bath
Say goodbye to expensive spa wax treatments with HoMedics ParaSpa paraffin wax bath, which not only softens your hands, feet, and elbows but also eases joint pains. The wax bath comes in a cool-to-touch tub with a locking lid to prevent the spilling of hot wax.
- Works well on dry and cracked skin, leaving it smooth and silky.
- The wax tub can be used at any place and at any time.
- Provides soothing heat to relieve pains and improve blood circulation.
- LED indicator for wax melting status.
- Also included in the package, along with wax tub, is three pounds of hypoallergenic wax and 20 hand liners.
- Heat control settings are not available.
- The paraffin wax might take a long time to melt.
- For household use only.
2. Revlon Moisturestay Paraffin Bath
For salon-like wax bath therapy at home, use Revlon Moisturestay Paraffin Bath, which is a great way to get beautiful and healthy-looking skin. Use it for your hands, elbows, or feet to experience the therapeutic and moisturizing properties of hot paraffin wax.
- Effective in treating dull and dry skin and easing stiff joints and pains.
- Adjustable heat settings.
- Green and red light indicators.
- Comes with a lid for safe storage.
- Kit includes 3lbs of rain scented wax, 30 glove liners, and two thermal mittens.
- The wax might take about an hour to melt.
- Might cause some leakage issues.
3. Conair Thermal Paraffin Bath Moisturizing System
The paraffin wax machine from Conair comes in a compact and portable pink-colored tub with a lid. This paraffin wax bath claims to revitalize the skin through its relaxing thermal paraffin treatment, and further helps in deep exfoliation of dry skin and leaves it smooth and soft.
- Thermal heat treatment to treat dry and rough skin on hands, feet, and elbows.
- Decreases signs of aging and sun damage giving you glowing and healthy skin.
- Comes with one pound unscented paraffin wax.
- Fits on any countertop in any washroom.
- No temperature control setting for the wax.
- The paraffin wax might take a long time to melt.
4. Salon Sundry Portable Electric Hot Paraffin Wax Warmer Spa Bath
It is a professional quality wax warmer designed for both commercial and household purposes. Featuring a thin composite frame exterior and metal interior, the machine comes with a large and open design to fit even large feet and hands. The temperature control feature enables the preferred heat setting and a fast wax meltdown.
- Premium quality machine for smooth, soft, and moisturized skin.
- Digital temperature display for precise heat control.
- Comes with a composite grill that sits at the bottom of the tub to protect hands and feet from the heating surface.
- Integrated handles make it easy and safe to carry.
- See-through lid to monitor wax meltdown.
- Easy to clean.
- The product comes without any warranty.
5. Therabath Professional Thermotherapy Paraffin Bath
If you’re looking for a deep immersion paraffin wax bath that can be used for different areas, such as the arms, feet, body, and face, then the Therabath Thermotherapy Paraffin Bath is the right choice. Made in the USA, the wax bath features a lightweight anodized aluminum tank, a safety grill, and a lid.
- Can be used for both therapeutic and cosmetic benefits – arthritis treatment, to relieve muscle stiffness, for dry and chapped skin.
- Hand-assembled wax bath unit.
- Operates in a safe temperature range.
- Paraffin wax is soft and flexible.
- The wax is available in 12 different fragrances.
- No adjustable heat settings.
- The wax might take pretty long to melt.
6. Ejiubas Paraffin Wax Warmer
Constructed with a sleek exterior and a durable interior, the Ejiubas Paraffin Wax Warmer features a large open design sufficient enough to dip feet, hands, or elbows completely. With two temperature settings, the wax bath enables the quick meltdown of the wax in just 20 minutes.
- Can be used for daily stress and pain relief and to cure dry and cracked skin.
- Comes with a composite grill, which can be placed at the bottom of the tub to protect your skin from the heating surface.
- Convenient to use at home.
- Paraffin wax melts evenly and quickly.
- Wax can be reused up to four times.
- The kit contains a wax tub, a silicone spatula, two feet thermal mitts, two hand thermal mitts, five packets of paraffin wax, one thermometer, and glove liners for both hand and feet.
- No warm setting for the wax.
- Might need extra wax to fill the tub.
- A bit expensive.
7. Lavany Paraffin Wax Warmer
Lavany Paraffin Wax Warmer is a smart wax bath made with the latest technology. Put the required amount of wax in the tub, and the wax warmer sets the heating time accordingly. Once the wax is ready to use, you can hear the beep. This saves time that is needed for monitoring. It comes with a built-in NTC thermistor and fuse to prevent overheating and short-circuiting.
- Intelligently detects the wax quantity and adjusts the heating temperature.
- Fully automatic operation.
- Melts 1.8 pounds of wax in just 30 minutes.
- Warm mode to keep the wax in liquid state until use.
- Adjustable heat settings between 127-143° F.
- Timer can be set between 20 and 180 minutes.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- See-through lid to check the wax state.
- Digital temperature display.
- Not suitable for large feet.
8. Lavany Paraffin Wax Machine
The Lavany Paraffin Wax Machine (regular) features a large opening and has a capacity of 2000ml, providing plenty of space to dip feet, elbows, and hands. Provides temperature adjustment and heat preservation function. The wax machine comes with four paraffin wax bags of 200g each, two thermal mitts, a brush, 50 glove liners, and a heat-insulating grid.
- Hydrates and exfoliates dry, cracked, or chapped skin resulting in smooth and soft skin.
- Can also be used for relief from pain and swelling.
- Different temperature settings between 131°F and 158°F.
- Melted wax can be retained in a liquid state through the heat preservation function.
- The paraffin wax that comes with the machine is enriched with rose essence to provide a relaxing effect after application.
- The machine claims to melt 2lbs of wax in just 20 minutes.
- Might not be durable.
9. K-Salon Paraffin Wax Machine
Featuring a white-colored wax tub, the K-Salon’s Paraffin Wax Machine is spacious enough to dip hands and feet. With two different temperature settings, the device melts the wax quickly and provides even heating. With an in-built thermistor and fuse, the machine rules out overheating and short circuits.
- Provides relief from pain and swelling while leaving the arms and legs smooth and soft.
- Quick heating and safe operation.
- Large capacity and convenient design.
- Also includes thermal mitts, 200 liners for both feet and hands, a heat-insulating grid, a spatula, and a brush.
- Wax not included with the machine.
- No warm function.
10. Relassy Paraffin Wax Machine
Relassy’s Paraffin Wax Machine features a digital display, adjustable temperature settings, quality build material, and safe design. The wax bath is wide enough to accommodate large hands, feet, elbows, etc.
- Home spa for fatigue relief and smooth skin.
- Provides quick and even heating.
- In-built thermistor and fuse to provide safety.
- Accessories include two peach paraffin wax packs of one pound each, two thermal mitts and booties, 50 glove liners, a heat adjustment grid, and an application brush.
- Might need more wax than other machines.
- Wax is available only in a single fragrance.
11. Kolem Paraffin Wax Machine
With a stylish exterior and a durable aluminum body, the Kolem’s Paraffin Wax Machine features a digital LED and variable temperature settings. The wax tub can hold three liters of wax and hence can accommodate large feet and hands.
- Fast heating and real-time monitoring to save time.
- Huge capacity of the wax bath leaves skin soft, moisturized, and healthy.
- Also provides relief from joint pain and arthritis pain.
- Also included in the kit are two packs of unscented paraffin wax and one heat-insulating grid.
- Liners and thermal mitts are not included.
- Wax included in the package might not be sufficient.
12. Anyork Paraffin Wax Machine
The paraffin wax machine from Anyork combines high performance with convenient design, which makes it suitable for both professional and at-home wax treatments. The device features a sleek composite external frame and a metal interior with a large and open design to accommodate large feet, hands, or elbows.
- Can be used for therapeutic as well as cosmetic benefits.
- Improves blood flow to relieve pains and aches.
- Promotes absorption of nutrients, protects damaged skin, and heals cracked, dry, rough, and stressed skin.
- Takes only 30 minutes to melt 2lbs of wax.
- Also features variable temperature control settings.
- A composite grill to protect from the heating surface.
- Easy operation and maintenance.
- Only 2lbs of wax included.
- A bit expensive.
13. Old PAPA Paraffin Wax Warmer
The Paraffin Wax Warmer from OldPAPA is a professional-grade electric wax warming machine that is built with a slim and composite exterior and a durable metal interior. Featuring a large opening to dip long feet and arms comfortably, the warmer offers varying temperature settings to melt the wax quickly.
- Comfortable temperature settings between 113℉ and 140℉ to evenly melt the wax.
- Melts 2lbs of wax in just 20 minutes at maximum temperature.
- Wax can be reused up to 4 times.
- Large wax tub capacity of 2.8 liters to comfortably dip large feet and arms.
- Comes with a shield to protect skin against the hot surface.
- Makes dry, chapped, and rough skin soft, shiny, and healthy.
- Can help improve blood circulation, which could help in relieving pain due to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Arthritis, trigger finger, etc.
- Wax and accessories need to be purchased separately.
- No warm-up features.
How To Use At-Home Paraffin Wax Bath?
Most of the paraffin wax bath machines listed above come with almost similar equipment and require the same procedure to be followed. Listed below is a step-by-step guide to use the wax warmers at home.
- Unbox the wax machine and place it on a flat surface.
- Open the lid and place a sufficient amount of paraffin wax in the tub and close the lid.
- Connect the device to power, switch it to the maximum temperature, and turn it ON.
- Once the wax melts completely, switch the device to warm mode or witch it OFF, and drop the safety grid into the tub.
- Test the temperature of the wax using a thermometer or by applying a thin layer on your skin using a brush or spatula.
- If you find the wax to be too hot, wait for 10-15 minutes till the temperature slightly reduces.
- Once the wax reaches the desired temperature, get ready for the procedure.
- Always clean and dry the treatment area before starting the procedure.
- Use a brush or spatula to apply an even layer of wax on the desired area and let it dry.
- Once the wax gets dried up, slowly dip the area in the melted wax and leave it for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Gently remove the hand or foot from the tub, let the wax solidify on the hand, foot, or elbow and then dip again.
- Continue the same process for 3-4 times to build up multiple wax layers.
- Once done, cover the wax-coated area with a liner and place it in an insulated mitt for better heat retention for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the mitts and liner and peel off the wax.
- Finally, massage the area with oil.
Safety Precautions To Follow While Using Wax Baths
The process of a wax bath at home might look simple, but when done without proper precautions, it might end up in a disaster. The following are some safety instructions to follow to enjoy a safe wax spa at home.
- Don’t switch on the device without paraffin wax in it.
- The temperature of the wax must be tested, especially for sensitive skin, before use.
- Don’t touch the wax and place your hand or any other object while the wax is melting.
- Remove jewelry and other accessories from hands and feet before applying or immersing them in the wax.
- Keep the lid of the wax tub closed while the wax is melting and when the unit is not in use.
- Test a small amount of wax on the inside of your wrist to test the temperature.
- If you find the wax to be hot, decrease the temperature setting or switch off the unit, wait for 10-15 minutes before using it.
- Never touch the bottom or sides of the wax bath while dipping your arms and feet.
- Don’t use the procedure on open cuts and wounds, areas with inflammatory skin conditions, on other vascular diseases, or any other skin conditions.
- Don’t drop water or any other liquid in the wax bath.
- Don’t use the machine in washrooms and shower.
- Never leave the product unattended when plugged in.
- Don’t use it near children.
- Discontinue using the product if you find any irritation or discomfort after first use.
Uses Of Paraffin Wax Bath
Paraffin wax bath offers both therapeutic and cosmetic benefits, as listed below.
- Removes dull and dry surface on the skin.
- Treats dry, chapped, scaly, and rough skin.
- Leaves the skin smooth and soft by enabling deep moisture penetration.
- Promotes the absorption of nutrients by opening the pores, and thus promotes healthy and younger-looking skin.
- Protects damaged skin by forming a seal against the treated area.
- Stimulates blood flow, thus providing relief from chronic pains like arthritis joint pain and also everyday aches.
- Relaxes stiff muscles during therapeutic massage treatments.
- Increases the range of motion in stiff joints.
- Soothes tired and overworked hands and legs.
How To Choose The Right Paraffin Wax Bath?
Well, if you have decided to purchase a wax warmer after knowing the multiple benefits of a wax bath, here are a few things you need to consider when shopping for a wax bath machine.
- Capacity: Not everyone has the same foot and hand size. Hence, depending upon your size, you need to select the capacity of your wax bath. Take a look at the dimensions of the tub to ensure that it accommodates your hands and feet.
- Heat setting: Unless automatic, the wax warmer should feature adjustable heat settings to adjust the temperature of the wax depending on your skin sensitivity.
- Heat and warm mode: Though not every wax bath comes with heat and warm settings, prefer the one that comes with warm mode functionality so that the melted wax stays in the liquid state till you use it.
- Wax and accessories: Pay attention to the accessories that come with the warmer kit. Go for the machine that provides all the required equipment like liners, mitts, brush, spatula, etc., to make the most of your purchase. Also, look at the amount of wax that comes with the machine. Making sure the manufacturer is providing enough wax to dip your feet or arms is the key for the best deal.
- Scent of the wax: If you’re particular about how the wax smells, make sure there is a choice of scents available with the product. Otherwise, it should at least include the scented wax that you prefer. In the absence of both, choose unscented wax.
- Wax melting time: This is related to the highest temperature setting offered on the device. The higher the maximum heat, the lesser would be the time it takes to melt the wax and vice versa.
Investing in a good paraffin wax bath saves a lot of your money that you might end up spending for an expensive spa treatment. However, choosing the right one is a must to reap the benefits. Hope this guide helps you buy the best paraffin wax bath. Don’t forget to share your views or experiences of using paraffin wax warmers in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring in our list.